Utah State University subscribes to online training programs offered by the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI). The RCR training program through CITI is a required component of the Research Integrity course. You will need to complete the Integrity Assurance Statement before beginning the course. The first module is an introduction and does not have a quiz.
In order to pass, you must complete all seven required modules and score at least 80% on all quizzes.
Several courses are available that support USU certification programs for Human Research Protections training (also referred to as IRB certification), Animal Care and Use, and Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) training. If you will use animals or human subjects in your research, you may select these courses during account setup or add them later.
The RCR course is the only CITI training that meets the requirements of USU 6900.
How to Register
- Go to the CITI website.
- Click “Register” in the upper right corner of the page.
- Under “Select Your Organization Affiliation,” type Utah State University in the search box. Select Utah State University from the drop down menu. Continue to step 2 on the CITI website.
- Enter your personal information. A secondary email address is optional but recommended. Continue to step 3 on the CITI website.
- Create your username and password. Select a security question and answer. Continue to step 4 on the CITI website.
- Enter your country of residence and select it from the drop down menu. Continue to step 5.
- Indicate your interest in receiving Continuing Education Unit credit for completed CITI Program courses. Select an answer about participating in research surveys. These are voluntary programs but you must answer the questions to proceed. Continue to step 6 on the CITI website.
- Provide answers to the required questions (starred). Non-starred questions are optional. The institutional email address should be your email address affiliated with USU. If you do not have an office phone, please enter a mobile or home number. Continue to step 7 on the CITI website.
- Select “Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Curriculum” near the bottom of the list and go to the next page.
- Select the appropriate RCR focus area and go to the next page.
- Click “Finalize Registration.”
How to Access Courses
- From the main menu, the “Utah State University Courses” bar will open a table of all your courses.
- Select a course link to begin the training modules.
- If you have not already done so, go to “Complete the Integrity Assurance Statement before beginning the course.”
- Once the Integrity Assurance Statement (at the beginning of each course) has been completed, course modules will become live one at a time.
- Complete the quiz (if applicable) at the end of each module and advance to the next module.
- Once all modules have been completed with an overall score of 80% or higher, CITI will email you a completion report.
- You may complete any supplemental modules of interest. These do not count toward your passing score and can be completed at any time.