V.Sridhar (Sri) has 20 years experience in microbial fermentation-based products including bacterial, fungal, actinomycetes and yeast fermentation. In addition, he managed cGMP manufacturing in a FDA-compliant facility for 9 years and has experience with 1 to 4 million liter-capacity fermenters.
Sri holds two master’s degrees, specializing in technology, biotechnology, biochemical engineering, fermentation technology, industrial biotechnology and biochemistry.
With Sri’s experience, the Synthetic Biomanufacturing Facility at Utah State University is prepared to work with you to develop and scale-up products for commercial manufacturing. Sri has specific experience with commercializing:
- Aminoacids: Homoserine
- Antibiotics: Gentamicin, sisomicin, fumagillin, tetracycycline, streptomicin, amphotericin-B, penicillin-G, erythromycin, salinomycin, echinocandin-B
- Anticancer drugs: Mitomycin-C, daunorubicin, doxorubicin
- Anti-cholesterol drugs: Lovastatin
- Biofuels: Ethanol fermentation, bioethanol, biobutanol, biodiesel
- Enzymes: Cellulase, xylanase, amylase
- Vaccines: Meningococcal meningitis, diphtheria toxoid (upsteam and downstream)
- Vitamins: Vitamin B-2, vitamin B-12
- Other fermentation products: Xanthan gum, cyclosporine-A (immunosuppressant), hyaluronic acid