Faculty Researcher of the Year Award Nomination Procedures
- The faculty nominee must be a current employee of USU or have retired within the past 12 months prior to submission.
- The faculty nominee must be the newly-selected College Researcher of the Year for this college.
- Name and A # of nominee
- Curriculum vitae of the nominee in standard format including a complete list of publications, awards, sponsored projects, and other recognitions by peers – international, national and regional.
- A letter from the department head summarizing the impact of the awardees’ research, scholarship or creative activity on the department and its programs over the past 3 years.
- 200-word bio of the nominee
- Current photograph (professional-type headshot preferred)
- Candid Photo – Landscape-orientation photo (1920×1080 minimum size) of nominee engaged in activity related to their nomination (teaching, working with students, doing research in the office, lab or field, etc.)
- The following information must be easily identified in the submitted curriculum vitae or it must be submitted as separate lists:
- A list of honors and awards indicating recognition of the nominee’s research, scholarship or creative activity at the national or international level over the past 3 years.
- A list of research, scholarship or creative publications for the past 3 years. This list should clearly denote graduate and undergraduate coauthors.
- A list of off-campus participation in research, scholarship or creative works for the past 3 years (e.g. invited seminars, conference presentations, performances). This list should also clearly denote graduate and undergraduate coauthors.
- A list of all extramural support that has been secured over the past 3 years, with outcomes (if known).
- A list of the names of completed MS and PhD students, and undergraduate researchers mentored over the past 3 years.
- College deans’ offices will fill out the online form to submit one nominee for consideration.
- A committee appointed by the Associate Vice President for Research will review nominees and recommend an individual for the University Faculty Researcher of the Year Award.
- Deadline for online submission to the Office of Research is January 31.
- University award winner will receive a $2,000 monetary award.
- Recipients will be recognized at the USU Faculty Awards Ceremony.