Read the conditions and select times to request to reserve the microscope. If your reservation has been approved, you will receive an email.
- Available times: 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM from Tuesday to Friday per week except for holidays. The minimum sign-up time is 1 hour. Usage exceeding the booked time will be charged in units of 15 minutes. Cancellation is acceptable by 5 PM, the day before the appointment.
- The SEM may be reserved up to two weeks in advance.
- Re-qualification is required if the user has not operated the instruments for 6 months or more.
- Samples should never have any kind of grease or loose particles on the surface. If your sample is contaminated with oil (such as bare-hand handling), please sonicate it with an acetone bath (isopropanol if the sample can’t tolerate acetone) and allow it to dry prior to the SEM session. Always wear clean gloves when handling samples.
- In the description box of reservation, please write down (1) sample name and chemical composition, (2) detector(s) needed, and (3) information you need to get from SEM.
- Read the conditions and select times to request to reserve the microscope. If your reservation has been approved, you will receive an email.