The Office of Research oversees and works with several offices and committees to ensure that USU complies with all federal and state regulations and conducts ethical research.
- Office of Research Integrity and Compliance, 435-797-4208
- Oversees conflicts of interest, scientific misconduct, RCR training, IBC, export control, and uniform guidance.
- USU Policy 307 – Conflict of Interest
- USU Policy 583 – Research
- Sponsored Programs Office (SPO), 435-797-1226
- Oversees sponsored research activities.
- Research Development, 435-797-3437
- Assists researchers in developing and writing research proposals.
- Environmental Health & Safety (EHS), 435-797-2856
- Oversees compliance with federal, state, and local safety and health regulations.
- Technology Transfer Services, 435-797-1199
- Oversee protection of faculty, staff, and students’ intellectual property
- Internal Audit Services
- Ethics & Compliance Hotline, 435-797-1084
- Institutional Review Board (IRB), 435-797-1821
- Reviews all research proposals involving human participants.
- USU Policy 584 – Human Participants in Research
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), 435-797-8656
- Reviews all research proposals involving animals.
- USU Policy 585 – Animal Care and Use
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC), 435-797-2856
- Reviews all research proposals involving recombinant DNA, nucleic acids, biohazardous materials, and DURC. It also monitors PCR.